The main section of the barn is shoveled out. Hector is now digging out the lean to enclosure. It is even deeper than the barn. I went out and spent a couple of hours washing the inside of the barn. I had to buy some more hose to reach the barn. The barn floor and walls are covered in sheep shit and it is not easy to get off. The floor has almost an inch of crap glued to the wood. I am having a hard time getting it off. So I will borrow my parents pressure washer and give that a try. I will have to string a bunch of extensions cords together so I can power the washer.
The floor has 1 inch gaps between each board. I am sure this is due to shrinkage over the last 100 years. So I am definitely going to have to do some work on the floor to make it safe for the sheep. We have about three large holes in the floor. I figured I would get the crap washed out of the barn then I will crawl under the barn and shore up the foundation. It is nice and hot here so it won’t take long for the area under the barn to dry out. Nothing like crawling around on top of sheep poop on my belly and back. At least it will be dry. I had to strip outside before coming in the house tonight. I had wet poop all over me.
I did remember to lock the chickens up tonight. I had to replace a couple of the yard sprinklers so I can keep the grass green inside the chicken run. Letting them run around helps immensely. I planted grass, but the chickens ate most of the seed. I did get a little to sprout. We have decided that a door that opens automatically when the sun rises and shuts when it sets is a necessary option. I will need to order one and wire the coop for power. Just one more thing to do.