Well, I haven’t lost any more chickens. Of course, that could be because we have not forgotten to lock them up! We have been leaving the trap baited during the day in a hope that I may catch something. Well, I did catch something just not what I wanted.
Three days running this bird kept coming down and eating all the leftover dog food. The last time it was in the trap long enough to get tired. Annmarie said the bird let her pet it and bring it out of the cage. It has not been back since.
I did catch a kitten tonight. I did the shake and release treatment. Maybe that will freak it out enough it stays away. I plan on getting some chicken coop time this weekend to get ready for winter. I need to finish digging out the deep litter and hanging the other waterers. Luckily, I found the cause of my short in the coop. I changed the breaker today and went outside to attach a waterproof cover on the back of the old house. One of the screws I put in to hold the outlet in place rubbed through a hot wire and was shorting out the power feed. So it is fixed!!! Woo, hoo!! It was fairly easy!