I did it, I finished the library. I am currently doing the happy dance even if you cannot see it. I am way, way ahead of schedule. The plan was to have it done, but I don’t think Annmarie thought it was going to happen (I didn’t really either, but I kept telling her it was “the plan”. My plans don’t always (never) go as planned so she was surprised). The light took forever to hang. Lots of parts and they have to go in a certain order. It is not too bad when you have lots of chain to hang the light from, but the ceiling is low so I only used one link. It makes for a tight fit. The instructions say to use two people. The only one I did that with is the landing light, but that thing weighs in around 50# and is three feet across and three feet tall. Far more than one person can hold and do 16 feet in the air.
I wiped down the closet doors and lubricated the door rollers. I even put in new door guides. Because the carpet is missing now and they had shortened the doors I had to put in a shim to hold the door guides at the right height. Once the hardwood floor is in place I won’t need that any more. I put the end piece of pegboard in today and got it all primed and painted.
I even bug bombed under the house and in the attic today. Sprout (Brussel Griffin dog) and I had to hang out in the car this morning. We went to the hardware store to get bolts to install the light (it doesn’t come with hanging bolts, big surprise there) and then we went to Pendleton to Sherwin Williams to get paint cards for Sarah. She wants to paint her room. Her initial color choices were purple and silver with a room size dragon on the wall. We nixed that. Second choice was silver and black. I got her some color cards so she can make her third and fourth choice. We are thinking about a black divider between a high and low color, but we want her to paint a piece of trim black and we can nail it in place. No trying to cover over black at a later date.
Annmarie has decided I need to install the dining room light now that I appear to have some extra time before Thanksgiving. I had to make a custom holder and shim out the ceiling for the living room light. I told her I was actually going to have to take apart the living room light just to see how I did it. It has been some time and it is working good, so I want to duplicate that effort. I may have time this week. No promises, but I will try. Not sure what I am going to do if all the lights are installed (I still have to install the lights in the upstairs hallway and make the stair lights work).
Sarah took some pictures of the Sunset today. She is getting very good at taking pictures.
|Sunset from our front porch, Sarah took this photograph.|