|Spice cabinet organized.|
I am moving on to the next project. The kitchen countertops are 100% done. I installed the outlet covers yesterday and managed to not electrocute myself again. I touched a hot wire two days ago inserting spacers to get the outlet the correct distance from the box. It hurt, a lot! I even cleaned up the spice area, took everything down and washed the cupboard. I threw out the duplicates and nearly empty spice jars and installed some plastic shelves in an attempt to make everything more visible. It looks a lot better and I was surprised at how many spices had spilled inside the cupboard. There was some green colored goo on two shelves. I have no idea where it originated. I had to scrape it off with a knife.
We cleaned everything as we put it back on the shelves. The only thing left is the downdraft fan custom cabinet and install. Annmarie says I am stalling because it is going to be difficult. My reason is I am trying to catch up on all the stuff I had put off while doing the countertops and backsplash. I just finished our annual financial summary for the farm. We need that to do our taxes. I just need to print out the mileage for the pickup and my part of the taxes will be complete. Annmarie does the hard part and I don’t want to be the holdup. In reality I don’t mind the cabinet portion of the downdraft fan, I just don’t want to cut the hole through our outside wall. I cannot be off even a little bit or bad things are going to happen. I really do need to do these other things and am only procrastinating a little. It looks like next week it is going to happen.