In between shifts at the paying job, I have been plugging along on the tiling job. I cut two paper templates today and then cut my weird triangles for the countertop. I still need to apply mastic to both pieces but I will do that when I start installing the backsplash. It only took 1.5 hours to get two triangles the correct size, no big deal. I started cutting the backsplash and lady luck was not with me this time. My outlet holes are directly in the middle of an intact tile. I tried to use the multitool, but it just kept jumping all over the place and was not piercing through the tile. I do have a carbide blade on it so it probably would have gotten through eventually. I decided to break out the diamond hole saw I thought I needed but didn’t. I did need it! I just kept drilling holes until I had the outlet hole mostly done then used the multitool to clean up the edges. It only took me about 30 minutes to do one outlet hole. Luckily, I only have one more. I have decided that I just need to work on it every day. It is coming along. I am hoping to get it all cut and installed the next time I work on it. I need it to be done so I can go outside and spend about two days burning tumble weeds. They are starting to pile up and the ground is still very wet so now is a great time to deal with them.
Our sheep have not had a baby in almost a week. They are very spread out in the birthing process, but Annmarie and I have decided this is a good thing. Instead of dealing with 50 babies in a single month we deal with them over a four month period. It works out better for us and we pretty much have only about 3-4 months out of the year where we do not have babies. Its easier to keep track of the little ones when they are not all tearing around and all the same size. I have slowly been digging out the creek in the barn lot to make it narrower and get it down to its gravel bed and not this slow muddy mess. It is starting to look good. We do need to dig out the front creek again the entire length, but it is painful. It is kinda on my list but not a real priority. I need to go tag and band the five new babies in the nursery pen so their mothers and them can be let out with the main herd. I will do that this week. Its easy to tell if a baby has been tagged or not, we just look for the droopy left ear! I always tag them in the left ear and as babies their ears are not strong enough to stand up with a tag in place. Sometimes, it is harder to see the tag, but the saggy ear is a dead giveaway.