I mixed up another batch of mastic and stuck all the tiles down. The back missing smaller triangle had a couple of gaps as it was not a smooth straight cut. I said good enough and when the wife got home she looked at the countertop. I dug it out with my pocket knife also. I then scraped all the mastic up and now need to sharpen my pocket knife and cut two more custom tiles. I am thinking about making a paper template for both holes so I get them right. I only have five tiles left to get it right. Luckily, I think I can cut both triangles from one tile so I have at least five more tries. I will cut the backsplash in a couple of days. Luckily, the backsplash is far more forgiving and once it is up and stuck on then I can grout everything. I still need to crawl under the counter top on the other side and cut off the screws so the cutting board will slide back into its compartment.
I marked all the tiles, numbered them and drew up a schematic so I knew where every piece went. I then laid the tiles out all over the floor in some semblance of order and mixed up a large bucket of mastic. I started on the right side of the countertop. Laying in the first six tiles then working my way around the front all the way over in front of the sink. I started to try and fit in a couple of triangle cut pieces. The large missing triangle was the first casualty. I needed to pick it back up and add some more mastic to get the tile the correct height. I used my suction cup lifter and got the tile six inches off the countertop when it let go and broke a 2 inch piece off the tile! I stuck the extra mastic on anyways and attempted to piece the tile back together in place! I could still see the break. I had to dig it out with my pocket knife.