|Metal scrapyard haul!|
I went to the scrapyard yesterday. I needed to pick up my dad’s wheelchair before it got altered. While there I picked up a trailer I can use with the tractor. They pointed out all the T-posts that had been saved over the winter. I had to have those! I dug through and collected 135 T posts about half need to be straightened. The rest can just be pounded into the ground. They only had a couple of small woven wire rolls for me. As an added bonus they had just got in four slightly used cow panels. I snagged those for use as round protectors for our new baby trees. Grandma Lane gave us six new one year old black walnut trees. They need to be protected from all livestock and deer. The trailer will need a front tongue support. I will take if off of an old camp trailer we have at the house. I will then be able to load it with the tractor and then hook up and pull it with the same tractor. I will now be able to move compost from the barn lot to my back rock wall, allowing me to build the wall higher. The T-posts are not necessary but I buy them every time I find them because they will be needed eventually.
|New wall oven.|
I picked up our new wall stove and Gannon helped me get it into the house. We tried to get it into the library while packaged. Not going to happen, we got stuck in the door way and had to cut it out of the packaging to get it in the rest of the way. I needed it out of the packaging so I could take some real time measurements. I think better with a tape measure.
I cooked a meal on the installed cooktop last night it was very nice, easy to use and had a nice even heat. This morning I went to light the central burner and it would not light. I kept trying then lit a side burner, WHOOSH! I burned all the hair off the back of my left hand. There was quite the collection of gas on top of the stove when it finally took off. Definitely, need to get a handle on how to actually light the cooktop while I still have a little hair left on my head.