|Another burn pile up in smoke.|
I had this plan, go outside and just lift the spray tank up with my quick connect 3 point hitch, wire in some power and spray. It was a great plan, flawed but a great plan. I tried to lift the tank and the quick hitch would not lower enough. I lifted the tank onto the bottom two points then realized I needed to raise the upper hook on the three point. It was stuck and took some work and choice words. I got it in the correct position and tightened and then the tank would not fit. The pump kept hitting the quick hitch. I had to take the quick hitch off and manually put the tank on, after I reattached the quick hitch upper hook back into its original position. I did manage to start the couch burn pile on fire. Annmarie was tired of the eyesore and I was tired of hearing about it. The wind switched directions away from the house so we would not fill up with smoke. Thirty minutes later it was a small pile of ashes. I had to fill the tank with water and mess around with the nozzles and valves for another hour before I could make the sprayer work correctly. I only had two joints and the pressure valve leak, all of them were fixable. I managed to spray 100 gallons of 2-4-D today for a total of 125 gallons. I am going to try and keep track of how much spray I use this year. I have a lot more spraying to accomplish.
We had another baby lamb two days ago! The sheep are multiplying at an amazing rate. I have 15 of them lined up for local customers. My mother still has the last two living chickens at her house. They are very big about 8 inches high already. I need to get them out into the coop as the new babies should be here on Monday.