|Corner property getting cleaned up.|
I started burning out by the cattle guard. The weeds were obscuring our metal rim fence and filling up the drainage space under the cattle guard. I burned all those up and then went down to four corners. I wanted to get the 1 acre plot on the corner all cleaned up so I can keep the weeds down and eventually get the fence fixed. I need to add in at least three metal rock cribs to the corner due to all the rocks and the lack of fence. I can get away with using cattle panel as a gate as we never use the gate but 1-2 times/year. This is not our property but it needs to be cleaned up. Ted used to maintain the fence and weeds in exchange for using it as grazing. The animals are doing a good job of keeping the weeds down, they just need access to this area. So getting an outside fence up is one of my goals this year. I burned the entire area, there was a lot of old wood laying around buried in the grass and this all went into a pile. I also added all the large weeds that I could find to the pile. There was also an old wooden building that was rotten with only one side still off the ground. It was a haven for stinging nettles I built it up and lit it on fire. This made two piles that I could keep tossing wood and weeds onto for the duration. The wind started picking up after I had both piles going so I had to quit lighting weeds on fire. I stayed out baby sitting the fire until after dark. We had a large rain storm come through in the night and put both piles out.
|It did die down eventually|
Our walk in closet is now useable. We have started to sort our clothes and discard everything that does not fit. I can no longer button the collar on my dress shirts, a 16 1/2 is too small. I discovered this two months ago when I had to wear a tie for three days in the same week. I got some clear plastic bins for the shelves and was told that we would be buying some fancy cloth bins for the new closet. No plastic allowed. We also bought a brand new silverware set for 12! Plus, we got rid of the four other parts of ones we were using and now only have one set. It is amazing. I suggested we now actually get grown up dishes! I am not sure if I can handle being an adult.
I had to get new (used) tires for the pickup after an oil change discovery by the child. I knew I needed new tires last year but was putting it off. So when they changed the tires I asked her to find out if there was an exhaust leak. Yep, big exhaust leak. They also said I needed new shocks (told me that last year also), so I had her order new shocks. I drove said pickup home Friday evening and got out smelling gasoline. I figured it was the exhaust leak and looked under the pickup. Nope, gas leaking all over the ground, I have a fuel leak. So tomorrow I will call the repair shop and have them fix the fuel leak and the lack of turn signals (over one year broken), then we can get the new shocks installed. Once the shocks are on I will get the exhaust repaired/replaced. I am hoping to just get a couple of sections cut out and replaced. The stereo is not working at all now but truly it is nonessential. It looks like the pickup will be getting the necessary upgrades this year.
|Walk in closet nearing completion. Clothing being added.|