Well it is nearing the end finally, there will be just enough time to finish everything. I went over to Hermiston to pickup the needed tile to finish the job. They gave me credit for the 5 miscolored tiles. While I did this Mr Experience was grouting the portion of the kitchen we had done yesterday. I took Gizmo with me for the road trip. He is starting to settle down much faster but still won’t take a dog treat from the coffee place. He just does not eat it. I tossed it to Zeke when we got home, he wolfed it down asap. We had two different packages dropped off and Mr Experience said both delivery drivers were scared to open the gate. They kept looking at it like they were going to get shocked. The tightened wire sings like there is electricity in it and they think they will get shocked! So far it is working to keep Zeke in also and that is the important part.

We opened the new tile to verify the color match, it is a match and noticed that the new tile has rounded edges. Who does that? Who changes their manufacturing process on the same style of tile? So we did the math and realized that we could use a handful of new tiles and use up all the old tiles we had and the pieces. We only used up five new tiles to finish the floor. So in other words if they had not screwed up our five tiles and given us the wrong color we would have made it. In the end I had to cut of 3/4 inch from a full tile to get it to match the existing tile in the dining room. I was hoping the house was perfectly square but after 109 years I had my doubts. Not too shabby, only 3/4 inch and it was even across the opening.

We started tiling around 1330 and didn’t finish until 1830. Its amazing how long the cuts and odd pieces take. Mr Experience laid the last of the floor, I cut. I only miscut one piece and I cut some fancy pieces without breaking any. He had to float out two low spots and a high spot. I can do it but it just takes me longer. Sometimes, experience just wins for obvious reasons.

So tomorrow we will finish grouting, start cleaning up and then we have to wait 72 hours before we can do the final cleaning on the grout. After that cleaning then we can put stuff back. Annmarie and I have decided to thin out everything hard as we put it back so that the house is not as cluttered. The new wooden louvered vent cover has not arrived. It should be here in a couple of weeks per the website.

We had been trying to treat an eye infection in the barn kitty. It just keeps getting worse. Normally this is a live or die situation for the barn cats as they are feral. The kitten tamed down and comes over and wants attention every time we go out to the barn. I had Sarah (aka Meat head) take the cat to the vet. yep, it had worms, ear mites, an upper respiratory infection and an eye infection. So now we have to give it antibiotics and eye medicine twice a day and it needs worming medicine in two days. It is in a crate in the barn now. It didn’t like me washing its eye and had started to avoid me. So now its in hospital jail until its better. Of course the vet wanted to see it again next week. I told Sarah to make the vet call it “Barn Kitty #1” which she did. When Annmarie came home she reminded me the kitty’s name is “Soot” now I did not know that but now everyone else knows why the barn kitty#1 went to the vet!