We were supposed to be done with lambing, it’s just that not everyone got the message. Sarah went out this week and discovered a set of twins. They got put into the momma area under the stairs. The babies did well and today we went out and banded and tagged all the sheep in the momma/baby area, kicked them out with the main herd and moved the twins and their momma into the baby area. Now we no longer have to carry water to any sheep! This is one of our main goals in life. We could not get the three untagged lambs running with the main herd as they were still out on the back hillside running around with everyone else.
When you walk through the barn lot it looks like the testicle fairy has been busy. There are little fur bags with double bright orange rubber bands all over the barn lot.
Three days ago Annmarie opened up the back hillside to the sheep. Within 3 hours they had figured out how to get under the fence at the creek crossing. We just gave up and went out and opened up the hillside gate. I cannot lower the fence over the runoff creek as there is a ton of snow up in the mountains and it was 64 degrees F today. Once the runoff creek picks up the sheep will have a harder time crossing it. So far its just a skinny little thing that has been running for a couple of months now.
I finally took all the cardboard items I had been stashing in the dining room and burned the twig pile I had been creating in the orchard. We needed it burnt as this area is going to become our Lavender grow area. It still needs a new fence and an animal lane to get to the side gate so we can still move sheep and cows around the garden.