Last weekend was no exception to the rain all the time theme. It rained Friday night and our triticale hay was on the ground. I went to Pendleton and tried three different stores looking for the bolts needed to attach my front tire. The tractor place did not have them as they are a fine thread 1.5 pitch 14 mm x35 mm. No one had one that was that short. I ended up buying ones too long and taking them home and cutting them off with grinder, flattening the cut and chasing the threads with a nut I purchased. This does not taper the end for ease of inserting. It took me about 35 minutes to get all four bolts in and tightened up but I did it, otherwise there was going tot be no tractor use this weekend. I had to go up around 1500 into the far pasture and turn it again until the clouds and lightning strikes got too close. It did not rain until I made it back to the house and was headed inside.
On Sunday Mr Professional and I worked on the upstairs bathroom. We had gotten >1/2” of rain on Saturday and the hay needed to dry out before I could do anything with it. We worked on closet area and the back wall. We had to go out and get more lumber from the old chicken coop so we could keep lining the walls. I got behind as I was the one digging out bug damage from the boards with a nail so we could finish the installed boards easily.
As we were working Mr Professional wanted me to install a window where the light access panel is located to allow in some natural light. The bathroom has all interior walls. He then suggested a stained glass window as all our lights are stained glass. We then talked about adding it between the lights on the opposite wall of the mirror. I actually liked the idea but this level of change requires input from the design boss. I drew out the area on the wooden wall and when Annmarie got home we pitched it. She liked the idea and I had a stained glass piece downstairs that was unused. It was in a cupboard and we purchased it many moons ago at a yard sale or auction, I am unsure which all though I think yard sale. The window will be removable and the hole will be directly across from the hallway fan and above the fan blades. We will have to use blue tape to protect the cut edge of the Sheetrock and tape a bag to the outside wall to catch the mess. It’s going to be hard to not get Sheetrock dust all over the house. I want to be able to remove the window so I can easily clean the top of the fan as an added bonus. This got me to thinking about the shelves I want to add to the bathroom and I may make the shelf holders out of horseshoes. I can weld them up and make sure they are all the same size.