The part came from Italy for the sickle bar mower. Mr Professional spent most of the day on Thursday tearing it apart and I had to order more tools. I did not have a spanner wrench. I also did not have a large metric open end wrench over 18mm. Since I was already ordering tools I ordered another water fire extinguisher and a new pickup tube for the water extinguisher we have and two metal tank holders. I will mount one on the tractor and one on the side by side so we have water in case of a fire.
Friday we spent the morning pressing in new bearings and reassembling the sickle bar. Once on, we readied the tractor for mowing. I will mow the upper field on Saturday. I think I can get a couple of ton out of it even after all of the flooding.
Annmarie made a Dutch baby for breakfast! I like lemon, powdered sugar and real maple syrup on mine. After breakfast, I grabbed my full coffee cup, full thermos and quart of water and headed out to the tractor. I started to mow as soon as I got up in the field but I had forgotten how long it takes. The field is seven acres and the tractor will only mow 1 acre/hr, that is a lot of circles. I started to fall asleep while going down the rows, I am sure the neighbors thought I was drunk. My lines were all off. I started to subdivide the field into smaller pieces so it would feel like I was making progress. The hawks were amazing. I tried to get a picture of them but I am not sure I succeeded.
After seven hours I was wishing I had two more thermos of coffee. The doe and her twin fawns kept running around the fields. I drove back by the blackberries to see if they were ready. Turns out the first batch of berries are ready to pick. I have a friend who offered to trade huckleberries for blackberries, not a 1:1.
I will turn the hay in a few days and bale it in the morning. It makes nicer bales when you do it first thing in the morning. These will go in the barn. I have 6 ton of small bales to pickup and I have 40 ton of large bales still to pickup. I need to do that this month.